What is an air conditioning system check?
Generally people don’t think much about their vehicle’s air conditioning system until they need it and it’s not performing correctly. The best way to keep it performing at its best is to receive routine checks, especially when you need it most in the warmer Aussie months. An air conditioning system check will ensure your system is performing correctly as our professionals check the entire system.
Why is an air conditioning system check important?
An air conditioning system check is important as it keeps you cool and comfortable in your car and ensures any issues are identified before they become a major problem. It’s the best way to beat the heat.
Modern air conditioning systems require a larger percentage of air to be circulated in order to maintain cabin temperatures, this leads to moisture retention as it creates an ideal habitat for mould, mildew, bacteria and other micro-organisms to grow. An air conditioning system check is important as it looks for any abnormalities to ensure the air you breathe maintains a high level of cleanliness.
What are the signs you need your vehicle’s air conditioning system repaired?
Find out below if your car is showing signs that you need an air conditioning system check.
- The system is not cooling your vehicle as it should. If the system is no longer blowing cold air or it doesn’t seem as cool as it once was, you should have it inspected to see if a repair is needed.
- There’s a strange smell being released from the air vents. Some vehicles have an odour that comes from their air conditioner however if it is an unpleasant odour, you could have a mould or fungus that is growing around or inside your unit. This common problem can be taken care by one of our professional repairers.
- Your air conditioning system is noisy. If your air conditioner is noisy there could be several problems that are causing it, ranging from the hoses to the compressor. The only way to know what is causing the noise is to have it inspected.
What does an air conditioning system check entail?
Contrary to belief, an auto air-conditioner system does not simply blow cold air into the car. The air conditioning system is designed to remove any hot air from within the vehicle cabin and release it to the atmosphere outside the car. In order to do so, the air conditioning system relies on a number of components to operate effectively, such as the evaporator, condenser and compressor. Like all mechanical parts, these items are prone to wear and regular system servicing helps to protect them from breakdown.
AHG’s FREE air conditioning system check includes the below:
- Check the cooling and overall operation of the air conditioning system
- Carry out checks for leaks and receiver-dryer contamination
- Check system pressures
- Check and adjust compressor drive belt
- Clean the condenser
- Check for blockage in the drain tube
- Check for any odour coming from the vents/evaporator
- Inspect the pollen filter where fitted
If you are unsure whether your air conditioning system needs adjusting why not speak to one of our professionals today for advice.
>Find your local service centre
How do I book an air condition system check?
All our dealerships across NSW are now performing air conditioning system checks for FREE as part as your scheduled service for a limited time only, must end March 31st!
>Book your next service here